Sunday, May 9, 2010

!School Garden!


When I went to the school garden, I was thinking about some of the questions below.

How well do you think the garden was maintained?
I thought for the most part the garden was maintained okay, but there were plants and fruits that should have been harvested already that were dying. It seemed like the garden was well thought out because it wasn't like a little start up garden, it was a garden that over the years could grow and be successful.

What struck you? Why?
What struck me was that, things were actually growing, that sowed that the seniors really did care to put this dead area to life. When I heard of seniors that started a garden, i thought of a little garden that was on its dying path but it was the total opposite.

Was the garden what you expected?
The garden to me was nothing like I expected, it was full of life and was beautiful.

Do you think the seniors care about the garden?
There are always going to be some that care and some that would let it die if it was there choice. For the most part it seemed like the seniors did care to put this dead piece of land to life, because they were all helping out and having fun with it.

When I got to the garden, I met up with one of the seniors and asked her these questions.

What’s your name? Ashley.

Why do you do this? To learn about the environment around you, the many different types of plants and how to take care of them.

How long have you been doing this? I have been doing this since January.

How do you feel about people starting there own gardens? It makes them aware about there surrounding and it really gets them to think about what they are eating and where it comes from.

Why did you choose this place to put the garden? It was dead and we decided to bring it to life. There was nothing there so we put it to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment